How to have and maintain a great relationship:
Like plenty of folk, I'm in my second marriage. The first one (I married the same man twice... duh) finished in divorce. When people said they were sorry to hear about the divorce I couldn't help but think "don't be sorry, it's been long delayed". The marriage was not good. This time, nonetheless, I made a much better choice with my companion, and this time I'm delighted to say that this is one of the most successful relationships I've ever been in.
People wonder how they can have a triumphant relationship. There are all kinds of doctors and writers who are more than pleased to bestow the 'secrets' to having splendid relationships, if you buy their books. I'm going to describe a few clear things to do, for free.
You realize, as humans we have a tendency to make things so much more complex than we need to. I naturally trust that you know completely what you need to do to have a good relationships, you just aren't inclined to do it.
Take my sister for example, she calls me at least once a week to grumble about about what her boyfriend has done. I'm not talking about little stuff (like leaving the toilet seat up or not putting the paper away when he was done reading it) either, I mean things like screaming at her and treating her like trash.
She has even said that she should break up with him, she knows she should, she just doesn't have the heart to do it. I try to tell her that she would definitely be happier once she did it, but she just can't to do it. Again, she knows what she needs to do, she just won't do it.
I question that's the case for nearly all folk. In a bunch of cases people are just in a relationship with the wrong person. Of course, there are exceptions to this, but more often than not you either picked the wrong guy to start with or you have both developed in other ways and are no longer compatible.
So the one large key to having good relationships is to not compromise and decide upon someone who you know in your heart isn't right for you just because you don't want to be alone. Rather than be a little more picky and find your version of the perfect person. Be willing to leave out some smaller things that you don't like but don't turn a blind eye to things that will be real trouble down the road such as lying, cheating, or abuse.

No comments:
Post a Comment